Production Areas in Sudan:
It is grown in vast areas of land in the western region especially west and north Kordofan. 79% of the total area is cultivated where 81% is produced from the net.
General specifications of the Sudanese watermelon seeds:
• Purity 99%
• Color white, between white and yellow, black
• Moisture Max 5.9 - 9%
• Size 6mm - 14mm
• Splits 3 - 5 %
• Protein 37.4%
• Oil content 50 - 51 %
• Admixture 1%
Watermelon seeds types:
Sadir Grade- Size: between 6mm – 8mm
Farash Grade- Size: between 8mm – 12mm
Kashair Grade- Size: between 10mm – 14mm
Jumbo Grade.- Size: between 10mm – 14mm
Packing and Export
packing is done usually in 40 – 45 KG PP bags, and exported in 20 feet containers which will carry 18 metric tons.
They have the vast number of benefits, few mentioned below:
- The roasting watermelon seed creates a crunchy snack filled with various food nutrients which provide a wide array of health benefits.
- Watermelon seeds are effective in recovering health after illness and sharpening your memory.
- Rich with amino acids, including tryptophan, glutamic acid, and lysine.
- It is an excellent source of multivitamin B, which is vital for maintaining healthy blood, nervous system, and effective immune response.
- It is a good source of magnesium, which is vital for normal heart functioning, maintenance of normal blood pressure, supporting metabolic process and protein synthesis.